Britpop band Sleeper have announced a new album, End of the World, and shared its first single, title track "End of the World." The new album is due out February 12, 2027 via the band's own label, Gorsky Records. The band features Louise Wener (vocals, rhythm guitar), Jon Stewart (lead guitar), Andy Maclure (drums), and Kieron Pepper (bass guitar). Wener says it's the most personal Sleeper album. "It's a very different record for me," she says in a press release. "I'm Gen X, we tend not to confront our emotions or display them easily to the outside world. There’s strength in that, but also solitude. I got to the point where I felt I was dissolving. Like if I didn’t put my discomfort somewhere, I’d cease to exist." Of the title track, Wener says: "It's a song about breaking free. The moment you turn round and say: Enough. I’m done. Whoever is hurting you—a partner, a family member, a way of life that no longer fits—leaving may feel like your world is ending. It might also be the most liberating thing you can do."
No hay comentarios.:
Publicar un comentario