miércoles, julio 15, 2026

Albums: Irreversible

 
Brigitte Calls Me Baby released their sophomore album, "Irreversible" as a way to perfectly captures their live energy and acclaimed songwriting. Produced by Yves & Lawrence Rothman the album set to released a couple of months ago with a very impressive collection of songs that hit hard, the album has spawned three singles so far "Slumber Party", "I Danced With Another Love In My Dreams" and the catchy "I Can Take The Sun Out Of The Sky." 

The album retains that vivid wall of 80s new wave retro sound with certain Mozza's vibes, and you can notice that since the beginning starting with the opener "There Always" in which singer Leavins retains the Viva Hate-Morrissey croon sound-a-like, while the band creates a tremendous soundscape in the most pure 80s new wave style, actually Irreversible sound has enough to showcase each instrument at its best.

Throught the album, we can notice the 80s-throwback wall of sound continues on songs like “I Danced With Another Love," which is Cure-esque in both its vocal stylings and beauty, but there are certain rocky vibes on "Slumber Party," while "The Pit" shows a lower pace is unusual on an album that largely breezes past, but becomes no worse a song for it.

The first half of the album is quite fantantics, playful and intese sometimes, yet also retaining the dark, brooding edge that makes this band so fascinating and quite interesting especially on tunes such as "These Acts Of Which We’re Designed". There are certain intense and key tunes such as "Truth Is Stranger Than Fiction," which is quite possibly the best song on the record due it got all the hallmarks of a breakthrough hit, although my personal favourite is "I Can Take The Sun Out Of The Sky." the perfect pop tune to me on this record equalling the earlier song as one of the best. The two closers, particularly the epic "Send Those Memories," are slightly more introspective and slow-burning compared to the dopamine rush of the potential singles, 

There is an instrumental interlude "Sillage" and then you have "I Can't Have You All To Myself" an interesting tune that remains The Smiths golden era b-sides.  The album is a living proof that the band’s music stands out to be the best of post-punk indie, new romanticism, and some kind of jangling indie-pop that defined the late 80s. and so on. However, the band seems to have updated that sound for the modern era.

Irreversible is a quite outstanding album, it feels like real breakthough album for an indie band something quite strange in these contemporary days, a fantastic album and yes...definitely one of the best of the year so far.  
 
Irreversible Track List:  
 
1. Slumber Party
2. I Danced With Another Love In My Dream
3. The Pit
4. Truth Is Stranger Than Fiction
5. These Acts Of Which We're Designed
6. Sillage
7. I Can't Have You All To Myself
8. I Can Take The Sun Out Of The Sky
9. The Early Days Of Love
10. Send Those Memories

No hay comentarios.: