domingo, septiembre 29, 2024

New Music: Mirrors

           

She Drew The Gun has dropped the new cut from her forthcoming album "Howl", the title is "Mirrors", and comes accompanied by a brilliant new video, directed by Scott Jones, talking about the new single, she said: Like a therapy session with your shadow self. It’s a looking in the mirror song, a song to my subconscious, my shadow, look at this shit we’re in we need to heal some stuff before we go any further. So it's about trying to heal, and about getting sick of trying to heal but also about how healing in a neoliberal world is also recognising your oppression. Am I healing myself to accept these conditions? To be happy in these systems that exploit me and others? I’m born into wage slavery, I can’t just be. Maybe the chemicals didn’t help, maybe my appointed angels already got burned out by me. I'm trying here but I can’t just live on self care and therapeutic metaphors.


No hay comentarios.: