miércoles, junio 19, 2024

Rocktrospectiva: Succesfully "Soul Provider" Turns 35

Released on 19 June 1989, "Soul Provider" was the sixth studio album by American artist Michael Bolton, the album was the most successful on Bolton's career selling more than 12.5 million copies worldwide, the album spawned five singles "Soul Provider", "How Am I Supposed To live Without You", "How Can We Be Lovers?", ""When I'm Back On My Feet Again" & "Georgia On My Mind", helping the record to hit No. 3 on Billboard 200 and spent almost four years on the chart.

Bolton produced most of the record himself and teamed up with heavy romantic rock ballad writers back then such as Diane Warren & Desmond Child, also included the R&B cover by Ray Charles's "Georgia On My Mind", also he reclaimed the brilliant power ballad "How Am I Supposed To Live Without You" from Laura Branigan, on his voice this song swept the charts and airwaves worldwide, the result of this ingredients were five top 40 hits and millions of copies sold, even thought you hate it or not, his voice was now taking up the romantic listeners worldwide, which was cool back then, remember that this was the record that turn Bolton into a massive huge star and probably is the most accurate of his career. 

Even though the album doesn't really offered much in terms of lyrically, this album stand alone beacause features many of Bolton's strongest original song, three remarkable tracks you can find here, "Soul Provider", "Whem I'm Back On My Feet Again" & "How Am I Supposed To Live Without You", the classic "Georgia On My Mind" that gave the feeling on Bolton's performaces, solid and soulful, and definitely his vocal Grammy award for "How Am I Supposed To Live Without you" was well-deserved because Bolton sing it with passion like no one else on this, and not like Laura Branigan did on this song.

Although the album is cool, it does have manu imperfections, many songs are about being in love or breaking up and nothing else, so don't try find something deeper here cause you won't find it, I think the perfect accurate on this record is that propelled Bolton's career, is the strongest and the best to listen from his catalogue.  
 
Soul Provider Track List: 

1. Soul Provider 
2. Georgia On My Mind
3. It's Only My Heart
4. How Am I Supposed To Live Without You
5. How Can We Be Lovers?
6. You Wouldn't Know Love
7. When I'm back On My Feet Again
8. From Now On
9. Love Cuts Deep
10. Stand Up For Love
11. Forever Eyes

No hay comentarios.: