martes, agosto 06, 2024

News: David Lynch Says He Won't Retire

David Lynch the 78-year-old American filmmaker just posted on social media, that he appreciated everyone that has voiced concern over his health condition, noting that his past as a smoker caused his emphysema, a lung disease with no known cure, sickness or in health, David Lynch will never stop directing. 
 
The came after rumors swirled that the iconic Twin Peaks director was retiring from filmmaking after being diagnosed with emphysema, so Lynch set the record straight on social media informing his fans that while he has been battling emphysema, he’s not retiring.The rumors regarding Lynch’s retirement began after a portion of an interview he did for the September issue of Sight and Sound, the magazine associated with the British Film Institute, began going viral. 
 
In the interview, Lynch revealed that after many years of smoking, he was diagnosed with emphysema. “I’ve gotten emphysema from smoking for so long, and so I’m homebound whether I like it or not,” Lynch said. “And now, because of COVID, it would be very bad for me to get sick, even with a cold.”
 
Yes, I have emphysema from my many years of smoking. I have to say that I enjoyed smoking very much, and I do love tobacco - the smell of it, lighting cigarettes on fire, smoking them. But there is a price to pay for this enjoyment, and the price for me is emphysema. I have now quit smoking for over two years. Recently I had many tests and the good news is that I am in excellent shape except for emphysema," he added.
 
The "Eraserhead" and "The Elephant Man" filmmaker also mentioned he could only walk a short distance before he ran out of oxygen. A representative for Lynch did not respond to a request for comment.
 
For Lynch, it is unlikely that he will ever direct in person again, but he mentioned the possibility of directing remotely. "I would really hate that," he added, admitting that directing virtually would not be desirable for the Oscar-nominated director.

No hay comentarios.: